Weekend Wrap Up

Things are just so busy around here – it’s great, because I’m lucky to have so much happening, but I’d also just like a few hours to relax! I had a super busy week and as much as I thought I’d take an easy weekend it didn’t turn out that way.

After work on Friday I took Patches to Nose Hill for our weekly “hike”. We do anywhere between 3 and 6 km and I really enjoy starting my weekend with some outdoor time. At some point it is going to get too dark for us to go after work but for now we’re enjoying the sunshine.

Happy to be outside
Happy to be outside

After our walk I met Mer for a sushi date at Hapa Izakaya. Jon was out so I wanted to do something I enjoy and he doesn’t. The food was pretty good and is nicely portioned for sharing.

I desperately wanted to sleep in on Saturday morning but despite my best efforts we were up by 9 am. We had coffee and took Patches to the park. Then I did a few chores and Jon took a load of stuff to the thrift store. It ended up be a cool, drizzly day so being inside didn’t bother me and I was exhausted so a day of outside fun seemed like too much to plan.

After our chores we met friends for lunch at The Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus. We had to wait a while but the food was pretty delicious. I had a potato, onion and cheese pancake and it was so yummy. After I managed not to fall into a pancake comma and we went to Black Forest Wood to pick out some wood for my latest shop project. I could spend hours in that store just looking at all the wood but we managed to get out of there quick enough with only 3 pieces.

Then it was home for a little bit (I did some knitting and made a salad) before heading out to a surprise party/potluck. It was a beautiful party but I stayed out later than planned.

Sunday was another early morning since our coached swim has started up again. The pool was really cold and I couldn’t stay warm unless we were doing sprint sets. After swimming I did a few hours of school work, took Patches to the park and cleaned the house. Then the rest of the day was spent out in the shop doing some woodwork. When I came inside at 7 pm I was so happy that I’d put dinner in the crockpot so all we had to do was sit down and eat!

It was a perfect fall day at the off leash park this afternoon.
It was a perfect fall day at the off leash park this afternoon.

The upside of such a busy weekend is I feel totally okay with going to bed at 8:30 pm. With a lot planned for next week, and only one weekend left before we go away, I’m sure I’ll have lots of chances to be busy again.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s