We’ve got scorching temperatures and the whole family is on vacation – summer is here!
We kicked off July with a trip out to the cabin. It was warm and relaxing and Baby Scotch got smothered with attention.
Now that it is summer and we’re both off, we’ve got lots of things we want to do. Some are fun and some are more chores but I’m excited to tackle both. There are lots of things we’d usually do in a summer (go for a long bike ride, backpack into the mountains) that we’re not going to do this summer with the little guy but there are lots of things that are way more fun now that he’s here (like hanging out in our yard) so I’m OK with it.
Here’s our 2017 Summer Bucket List:
- Take the little guy camping
- Go for a paddle
- Go hiking
- Use the smoker – and try something new (I’m thinking a smoked cheese?)
- Play in the river
- Get our front flower beds redone
- Finally chop down the rest of the apple tree
- Have a camp fire
- Take another family vacation at the cabin
- Have a picnic
- Drink all the slurpies
Like all good lists, I hope that we can do more but I think this is a good start to a summer!